What Should I Do After My Car Accident in Billings?
Step-by-step advice from a personal injury lawyer you can trust
Have you been injured in a car accident in Montana caused by another driver? Not sure what to do next? Make sure you fully understand your rights and all the legal options available to you. Make sure you talk to Montana car accident attorney Matthew Braukmann. He can help you every step of the way.
We know what to do at Braukmann Law, PLLC in Billings, Montana. We have been helping people hurt in car accidents throughout the state for years. Discover what we can do for you. Schedule your free case evaluation. We’re prepared to go the extra mile for you.
What should you do after your Montana car accident?
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by another driver in Montana, we strongly encourage to take the following steps:
Immediately after the accident:
- Contact the police and ask them to respond and investigate your accident.
- Ask the police to send an ambulance to evaluate you and everyone else.
- Get the other driver’s full name, address, phone number and insurance information.
- Talk to witnesses and get their full name and contact phone number.
- Take photographs of your accident, including all damage sustained by cars.
- Get the investigating police officer’s name and best number to reach them.
Soon after the accident:
- Contact a lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your legal options.
- If you have not already done so, have a medical professional evaluate you.
- If you were examined at the scene, schedule a follow-up appointment with your doctor.
- Contact the investigating police officer and ask for a copy of your accident report.
- Review your accident report and make sure all the information is accurate.
- Contact your insurance company and tell them you have been in a car accident.
- Keep your comments to your insurance company brief.
- If the other driver’s insurance company contacts you, do not answer their questions.
- If the other driver’s insurance company makes a settlement offer, don’t say yes right away.
If you have not already done so, contact our law firm and make a free appointment to meet with us. You have rights. We can fight for them. We handle cases throughout Montana.