Billings Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer
An experienced personal injury attorney on your side after your crash
Leaving the scene of a car accident in Montana is against the law. That’s why Montana car accident attorney Matthew Braukmann takes these cases so seriously. He knows how frustrating and upsetting hit-and-run accidents can be for people injured in a crash caused by a driver who left the scene of the accident.
At Braukmann Law, PLLC, we know how to handle hit-and-run accidents. We have years of experience working with people in Montana injured by hit-and-run drivers. We know what evidence to look for, what questions to ask and how to compile this information into a strong, compelling legal case.
Why do drivers leave the scene of a car accident?
Drivers leave the scene of car accidents for many different reasons. Some of the most common reasons why include:
- A driver does not have car insurance.
- A driver is under the influence of alcohol.
- A driver does not have a valid driver’s license.
- A driver is involved in a criminal activity.
Whatever the circumstances of your hit-and-run accident, our Montana law firm can help you every step of the way.
What can I do after a hit-and-run accident?
It’s confusing to know what to do immediately after a hit-and-run accident. There are certain steps you can take to protect your rights and your wellbeing, including:
- Contact the police – Immediately call the police and tell them you have been involved in a car accident caused by a driver who left the scene of your crash.
- Do not follow the driver – We realize it might be tempting to follow the driver who caused your crash. Don’t. You could be putting your life in danger, especially if the driver is involved in criminal activity.
- Seek medical attention – As soon as possible, have a doctor or another medical professional examine you, even if you feel fine. You could have a life-threatening internal injury.
- Take photographs – If you can safely do so, take photographs of your accident. Make sure to take photos of damage to your car, debris on the road, traffic signals and anything else that could be helpful to accident investigators.
- Write down what happened – While your memories of your accident are fresh in your mind, write down exactly what happened. If you need help doing so, we can gladly assist you with this important step.
- Call your insurance company – Tell your insurance company you have been in a hit-and-run accident but keep your comments brief. Anything you say to your insurance company could potentially be used to deny your accident claim.
- Contact our law firm – We can help you every step of the way – from filling out accident forms to negotiating with your insurance company, if necessary.
Hit-and-run accidents are among the complicated types of car accidents we deal with at our law firm. Allow us to put our knowledge and experience to work for you. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation with a Montana hit-and-run accident attorney who will fight for your rights.