FAQ About Car Accidents in Billings
A personal injury lawyer explains what to do after a crash
Montana accident lawyer Matthew Braukmann realizes you probably have a lot of questions about your car accident. That’s why we created this page. Here, you can find accurate information about motor vehicle accidents from a source you can trust – Braukmann Law, PLLC.
We know a lot about car accidents in Montana because we’ve been working with injury victims for years. All that experience has also taught us that every car accident is different. So even if you do see your specific question listed below, make sure you contact us and schedule a free case evaluation to discuss the details of your case with an experienced car accident attorney.
Our law firm handles car accident cases throughout Montana. No matter where you live, we’ll go the extra mile to meet with you.
What is your car accident question?
- How do I know if I have a car accident case in Montana?
- What is the average settlement for a Montana car accident?
- What should I do after my Montana car accident?
- What should I do if the other driver’s insurance company calls me after my car accident?
- Should I accept a settlement offer for my Montana car accident?
- How much is my Montana car accident worth?
- What can I be compensated for after an car accident?
- Can I file a lawsuit if I’m injured in a car accident in Montana?
- How long do I have to file a claim for my car accident in Montana?
- Why should I hire a Montana car accident lawyer?
The simple answer? You won’t know for sure until you discuss the details of your case with an experienced, Montana car accident lawyer. Every accident is unique. That’s why it’s important to talk to an attorney as soon as possible after your crash.
There is no set dollar amount when it comes to certain types of car accidents. Each crash is unique. Depending on the circumstances and the severity of your car crash, your accident-related expenses could add up to a few thousand dollars or a few million. That’s why it’s important to discuss the details of your case with a Montana car accident lawyer who can evaluate your crash and provide you with honest answers about the legal options available to you.
There are several important things you should do as soon as possible after your Montana car accident:
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if you feel fine. You could have a life-threatening internal injury.
- Contact the police and ask them to respond to your car accident, especially if you or someone else was seriously hurt.
- Get the name, phone number, address and insurance information from the other driver. This information is critical when trying to obtain compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Talk to witnesses and make sure you get their full name and the best phone number to reach them at in the future. Witness testimony can be critical pieces of evidence in any car accident investigation.
- Take photos if possible, of your car accident. That way, there will be no doubt later about exactly what happened, especially if the other driver tries to claim you caused your car accident.
- Contact our law firm right away. We can help you every step of the way and make sure your rights are respected after your Montana car accident.
Do not talk to them. Their questions might seem innocent or straightforward, but it’s important to realize that anything you say could be used by the other driver’s insurance company to reduce or deny your car accident claim.
Simply tell them you have a lawyer and instruct them to contact our law firm if they have any questions. We know the games they often play and how to deal effectively with insurance companies after a serious Montana car accident.
You should be suspicious if the at-fault driver’s insurance company or anyone else wants to settle your car accident right away after your crash. In most cases, they want to settle early because they want to avoid having to pay all your accident-related expenses, which often add up over time.
We can help you review the details of any settlement offer and offer our advice on whether we think you should accept it. Often, such offers might seem like good deals at first. In many cases, you could end up having to pay significantly out of your own pocket for your own car accident – even if the other driver clearly caused you collision.
There is no set dollar amount when it comes to car accidents. Some might be worth a few thousand dollars. Others may be worth several million. So many different factors can come into play when determining the value of a car accident – from the severity of your injuries to whether your injuries are temporary or permanent. Other important factors that can influence the total value of your car accident claim include whether you can return to work, and if you can, how much time you need to fully recover.
We take all these factors – and many more – into consideration when we negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company or whoever’s responsible for compensating you for car accident. We know what we’re doing because Montana car accident lawyer Matthew Braukmann has been doing this work for years. We can help you reach a settlement for a car accident back or neck injury.
If you got hurt in a car accident caused by another driver, you can seek financial compensation for all your accident-related expenses. Such expenses can cover a wide range, including:
- Emergency medical care
- Surgical procedures
- Physical therapy
- Lost income during your recovery
- Lost future income if you cannot return to work
- Future medical procedures related to your accident
- Modifications to your home if you have a permanent disability due to your accident
Yes. While we often try to negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company after a car accident, sometimes the best way to get the money you rightfully deserve for your accident is to file a car accident lawsuit. Montana attorney Matthew Braukmann can help you file your lawsuit and represent you in court. We know how the legal system works here and know what needs to be done to demand the money you deserve after your crash. We can help you reach a settlement for a car accident back or neck injury.
Montana has two deadlines for people filing a lawsuit for a car accident.
If you sustained an injury in your car accident, you have three years in Montana to file a lawsuit and take legal action from the date of your car accident.
If you were not injured in your car accident, you have two years in Montana from the date of your car accident to file a lawsuit.
Such deadlines might seem like a long time, but the bottom line is the sooner you take legal action, the stronger your case will likely be. As time passes, witnesses can move away or forget what happened. Evidence can disappear. Without the facts on your side, you could have a much harder time getting the money you deserve for your accident. That’s why it’s critical that you talk to a Montana car accident lawyer as soon as possible after your crash.
You have too much at stake to try to tackle your car accident on your own. An experienced, Montana car accident attorney knows what to do and understands how the legal system works here. That’s important because you often only have one opportunity to obtain the financial compensation you deserve for your accident.
Montana car accident lawyer Matthew Braukmann can be there for you after your accident. He can explain all the legal options available to you. He can work with you to develop the best approach to your specific case. He will keep you informed every step of the way.
We know what evidence to look for. We have a full-time nurse on staff who can examine your accident from a medical perspective. We know how to negotiate with insurance companies. If they refuse to cooperate, we will not hesitate to take them to court.
Remember, you didn’t do anything wrong. You shouldn’t have to pay for another driver’s reckless or negligent behavior. Having an experienced, Montana car accident attorney can often make a dramatic difference in the outcome of your case. Find out how we can help you. Contact our law firm right now and schedule your free consultation today.