An Experienced Billings Car Accident Lawyer
Fight for your rights with Braukmann on your side
Billings car accident lawyer Matthew Braukmann knows how complicated and confusing a crash can be for everyone involved. Drivers sometimes tell different stories. Insurance companies can be hard to deal with. All you want to do is take time to recover.
We get what you’re going through at Braukmann Law, PLLC. We have been helping people injured in car accidents in Billings for years. Attorney Braukmann has experience working with people throughout Montana, so wherever your crash happened, you can count on us to go the extra mile for you.
Put an experienced attorney on your side, someone who knows the law and understands how the legal system works in Montana. We can pursue the financial compensation you deserve while you focus on healing.
What you need to know about your car accident
Information is power. The more you know about your car accident and your rights in Montana, the stronger your legal case will likely be. That’s why it’s important to contact an experienced lawyer as soon as possible after your crash.
Attorney Matthew Braukmann of Braukmann Law, PLLC in Billings can help you every step of the way. We know why accidents happen. We know how different types of injuries can affect your life. We know what to expect because we have handled a wide range of cases involving motor vehicle accidents throughout the state.
What should I do right after a car accident?
Call the police right away so that they can investigate what happened. The police car accident report is a key piece of evidence in your claim. Stay at the scene and exchange insurance information and contact information with the other driver(s) involved. Get contact information for any witnesses, as well. Keep your comments to anyone at the scene brief, sticking to the facts of what happened. Even an innocuous “I’m sorry” could later be construed as admitting fault for the crash.
Do I have to see a doctor after a car accident?
You absolutely must seek medical attention as soon as possible after an accident, even if you feel fine—you may have a concussion or internal injury with delayed symptoms. Go to your primary care doctor, an urgent care clinic, or an emergency room and tell the doctor you were in a car accident. Follow your doctor’s instructions and make sure to get copies of any medical documentation. This is not only the best option for your health, but also creates a record of your injuries in case an insurance company later disputes them.
Do I have to notify my insurance company after a car accident?
You do need to notify your insurance company promptly to let them know that you were involved in a car accident—but remember that anything you say to an insurance company, even your own, can be used against you. Keep that initial conversation brief and stick to the facts of what happened. In addition, you should speak with an attorney about your legal rights as soon as possible. One of the main benefits of hiring an attorney is that we can deal with the insurance companies on your behalf, protecting your rights while you focus on healing.
How much is my car accident worth?
The value of your car accident claim is based on the severity of your injuries and the effects those injuries have had on your life. This varies widely from accident to accident. Between medical expenses, lost wages if you are unable to work, and other losses, a single crash can cause hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars in damages. The only way to accurately assess the value of your claim is to have an experienced attorney review all your accident-related expenses and the surrounding circumstances.
How much time do I have to bring a case after a car accident in Montana?
In Montana, the statute of limitations (the deadline to bring a legal case) is three years for most injury claims. However, we strongly recommend acting much sooner than that. Over time, physical evidence disappears and witnesses’ memories fade, making it more difficult to prove your case. The sooner you contact an attorney to discuss your legal options, the better the likely outcome of your case.
How can an attorney help me?
An attorney can investigate what happened, find evidence to prove that your injuries were caused by another driver or other negligent party, and advocate for the full compensation you need and deserve for all your accident-related losses, including medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. Your attorney will deal with the insurance company on your behalf and make sure your rights are protected throughout the claims process while you focus on healing. The insurance companies have lawyers representing their interests, and you need a lawyer, too.
How much does a lawyer cost?
Most injury law firms, including ours, work on a contingency fee basis. That means you don’t pay anything to your attorney out of pocket. Instead, if the attorney secures a financial recovery for you, you pay a percentage of the recovery as an attorney’s fee. If you don’t win, you don’t have to pay your lawyer a cent. In other words, the attorney takes on the expenses of litigating the case and the risk that the case may not be successful. The goal of a contingency fee arrangement is to make sure you can get a fair shot at the compensation you need regardless of your ability to pay.
Why do accidents happen?
Motor vehicle accidents happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes of crashes include:
- Distracted driving
- Speeding drivers
- Texting drivers
- Drunk drivers
- Asleep at the wheel drivers
The circumstances of each collision are different. That’s why it’s important to have a thorough, independent investigation conducted. This is especially important if the at-fault driver claims you somehow caused your collision. Otherwise, you might not receive the compensation you deserve for your injury-related expenses.
What are common car accident injuries?
Car accident injuries can have dramatic effects on your life. Whether you’re dealing with whiplash caused by a rear-end accident, a back injury caused by a head-on collision or broken bones caused by a distracted driver, we can fight for your rights, every step of the way.
- Whiplash – One of the most common (and most misunderstood) injuries, whiplash is a neck injury caused by violent forward and backward motion of the neck in a car accident. Whiplash often occurs in rear-end accidents but can happen in other accidents, as well.
- Concussions – Head injuries are common in car accidents, as well as in motorcycle accidents, truck accidents and pedestrian accidents. Make sure you seek immediate medical attention if you have a head injury caused by a motor vehicle accident. Your injuries could be life-threatening.
- Neck injuries – From neck sprains and broken neck bones to upper spinal cord injuries, neck injuries caused by car accidents can be severe. Rear-end accidents are often to blame for these injuries but they can also occur in head-on collisions, rollover accidents and other types of crashes.
- Back injuries – Spinal cord injuries, lower back injuries, back sprains and broken bones – all of these are common injuries often caused by serious car accidents. Depending on the severity and location of the injury, you or a loved one could become paralyzed and lose the use of your legs, your arms or both.
- Back and neck pain – This type of injury might seem minor to some, but chronic back and neck pain caused by motor vehicle accidents can be excruciating and can impact every aspect of your life. That’s why it’s important to seek immediate medical treatment and then talk to a lawyer to learn more about your legal options.
- Passenger injuries – Whether you’re riding in the back seat, the passenger seat or the back of a motorcycle, injuries sustained by passengers can be severe or sometimes even deadly in certain circumstances. Passenger injuries can also often be very complicated since the injury victim knows the driver, who may be at fault.
Know your rights. Talk to our law firm.
There are so many legal issues to deal with after a serious car accident. That’s why it’s important to have as much information as possible when pursuing an accident claim. We can help you better understand your accident and all the legal options available to you.
Remember, you didn’t do anything wrong. You deserve to be compensated for your car accident-related expenses. Find out how we can help you. Call attorney Matthew Braukmann in Billings today.
Count on our law firm after your car accident
Injured in a car accident in Billings or elsewhere in Montana? Not sure what to do now? If you have been hurt in a crash caused by another driver, take legal action right away to protect your rights. Otherwise, you could miss out on the financial compensation you deserve.
Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation today. We can fight for your rights and demand the compensation you deserve. That’s what an experienced attorney can do for you.